The vehicle must not be driven or operated by any unauthorized person.
The driver should not be under the age of twenty-three (23) years, and should not drive, operate or use the vehicle if any of the following apply:
- He/she possesses a revoked, suspended, expired or otherwise invalid license
- He/she is under the influence of any susbstance which may impair his/her faculties
- The vehicle is being used to transport people and/or property for compensation
- The vehicle is being used to transport hazardous or explosive substances
- The vehicle is being used to give driving lessons
- The vehicle is being used to propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other object
- The vehicle is being used to enter any competitive racing, pace-making or testing event
- The vehicle is being used in any abusive, reckless, or grossly negligent manner
- The vehicle is being used beyond its rated capacity with respect to weight/occupancy
- The vehicle is being used in any illegal activity
- The vehicle is being used in violation of any parking/traffic rules
If the renter breaches the Rental Agreement by violating any of the conditions or terms of the Agreement, the renter must immediately pay any and all charges including fines, penalties and physical property damage.
Ownership of Vehicles
The vehicle is the property of Bargain Rent-a- Car (Jamaica) Limited. The renter is not regarded as an agent, employee or servant of the owner for any reason or purpose at any time.
It is our policy to provide the rented vehicle with a full tank of fuel. We recommend that you refuel the Avis car before returning it, because while we do offer a refueling service, it will be at a price higher than at the pump.
Length of Rental
A rental day is 24 hours. Reservations for less than one day are accepted, however a minimum charge of one day applies to rentals of less than 24 hours. In some cases, a minimum rental period is required for the selected rate to apply. In other cases, a rate may be associated with a minimum charge, which applies even if the car is returned early.
Changes to Reservations
Extending your Rental
Please be aware that any changes to your original rental may impact your rate. If you wish to extend any rental once you have picked up your vehicle, in Jamaica you must contact an Avis reservation agent.
Also, if you choose not to return the car on or before your originally scheduled return date, we will place an additional hold on your debit or credit card to cover the additional expected rental charges. Upon your return of the car, the holds will be released, and the actual cost of the rental will be charged. Your bank may take up to two weeks to post the released credit hold to your card. Unfortunately, we cannot be held responsible for any returned checks due to debit card hold processing.
Our rental rates include unlimited mileage.
The renter is responsible for the full value of the rental vehicle. In order to reduce this liability, he/she may purchase one of our waivers. Otherwise, the rental vehicle may be covered by a participating credit card or insurance policy.
The owner, Bargain Rent-a- Car (Jamaica) Limited/Avis Jamaica, shall provide liability insurance with minimum limits of coverage as required by Jamaican law and the renter agrees to be bound by the conditions, restrictions and terms of said coverage. However, if the renter is covered by any other insurance, the coverage provided by the owner shall be excess coverage.